Apo Whang Od, 93, is literally one of the last living connections to pre-colonial Filipino culture. She is the last mambabatok (or tribal tattoo artist) in the Philippine region.
B O S S
I say fuck all cops because, rather than be critical and take a stand against their fellow officers, good cops are nowhere to be fucking seen when wild shit goes down.
No police officer, especially police chief, gets on the news or social media or some type of fucking platform and says shit about bad cops.
So fuck them.
Fuck them for standing in camaraderie with corrupt individuals.
For fucking real.
sorry white people but if you dont support mike brown & the people of fergusons’ protests in 2014 you probably wouldnt have supported abolition in the 1800s or civil rights movements in the 1960s & having the ability to recognize something as morally justified in hindsight something that has already been accepted by the mainstream as morally justified is nice for u but on all practical levels useless to everyone else
The Attack of the Cronut Burger http://fatgirlfoodsquad.com/2014/08/25/attack-of-the-cronut-burger/
The Attack of the Cronut Burger
As a kid, I attended the Canadian National Exhibition (CNE) for its whimsical allure: rows of oversized stuffed animals floating over me, bells and whistles going off left and right exciting my senses and sky-high …
Real Talk - Beach Parties are for Everyone http://fatgirlfoodsquad.com/2014/08/27/real-talk-beach-parties-are-for-everyone-2/
- falling asleep on someone’s chest
- wrapping your arms around each other
- synching heartbeats and breathing slowly
- falling asleep in big t-shirts and underwear
- forehead kissies and murmured affections
- MONSTER TRUCKS
Jorge Luis Borges resting on Edgar Allan Poe’s grave. Baltimore, 1983
The New Jim Crow
1. Ferguson, Missouri has a population of approximately 21,000 people — roughly 75% of those residents are Black
2. The Ferguson police department has around 530 cops —less than 5 of them are Black
3. Ferguson had *zero* homicides for all of 2014 —until Michael Brown was murdered by Darrin Wilson
4. Things you should know: Five Myths About Black-on-Black Crime
5. Michael Brown was 18yrs old and was about to begin college. Brown had no criminal record, and despite the Ferguson PD’s smear campaign, Mike Brown PAID FOR the cigars —those facts are all important and should be known, but even if Brown was a high school dropout with prior arrests who stole the cigars, 1) it wouldn’t have made his life any less valuable, 2) we have a court system and those are not capital offenses and 3) it doesn’t change the fact that the cop who killed him, Darren Wilson, had no idea about Brown’s personal history when he executed Brown. Wilson saw only a Black teen deemed either “too uppity” or “suspicious” because of his skin color
6. Five examples: The Militarization of the police
7. It’s deeply Institutional: Police view Black Children As Less Innocent
8. So please - don’t get it twisted
Eleanor Bumpurs was one of the first victims of Police Brutality I can remember. My family was living in the Bronx at the time near her housing projects. Her killing was the talk of the neighborhood for years. In 1984, NYPD tried to evict her because she was four months behind on her rent of $98.65, she resisted, and was summarily shot twice with a 12 gauge shotgun.
Ms. Bumpurs was failed by the city in every way imaginable. She was failed by a social services system that could have granted her rental assistance but did not. She was failed by the mental health community which should have treated her mental illness properly but did not. And she was failed by a police force that was well aware of her conditions, knew she was a senior citizen and chose to barge into her apartment with a shotgun and riot shields.
No one was convicted of killing Ms. Bumpurs. A few people lost jobs but by the time Rudolph Giuliani took office as mayor her death was a distant memory.
I’ve been thinking about Ms. Bumpurs a great deal the last few days.
I wonder what her family thinks about the events of the day. I wonder what they would say about the killing of young black men and women like Trayvon Martin, Renisha McBride, Ramarley Graham, Sean Bell, Mike Brown, Eric Garner and so many others. I cannot say for sure, but if I had a guess, it would be that not much has changed since the murder of Ms. Bumpurs…not much at all.
RIP Ms. Eleanor Bumpers